Sunday, January 30, 2011

Go Upsets!


I dont know about you but Tuesday is when the calendar turns to February and that means my attention turns almost exclusivly to College Basketball. Kinda like when Tara Reid walks in to the party in "Van Wilder" with that white shirt on(this of coarse is pre botched boob job Tara Reid). I spent my saturday watching nothing but Colege Basketball. I sat there hour after hour in amazment as 11 of the top 25 lost. The shockers of the day included Uconn losing at home to Lville, as did Villanove to Georgetown, Florida to Miss St, Wisconsin to Penn St, Duke to StJohns and on and on and on. So after this madness, what are we left to believe about 2011? (and more importantly the up coming NCAA tournement) Well this tells me there is no great team this year. Now some of you are probably asking, What about Ohio St? Well they may not have lost but struggled to beat a John Shurna less Northwestern team. So even though they are #1 and undefeated, I have my doubts. But like the Chicago Bears after Jay Cutler was "injured" (cough, cough), Caleb Hanie is all we've got. Caleb Hanie being Ohio St. Stay with me people. Now Im not one to panic after one crazy saturday and start to say things like no 1 seeds will make the final 4 or a 16 seed will make a run or that there is a Butler or George Mason team out there that will be playing for the title. But I will give you this advise. IGNORE THE TOP 25 RANKINGS! They really mean nothing as far as seeding are conserned. These meaningless numbers beside every schools name only give fans bragging rights. College Basketball is just all about matchups. Example- Kentucky beat Louisvile but Lost to Uconn. Then Louisville beats Uconn. The Tranasitive property (a > b > c) does not hold. That's right people I just dropped a Transitive property on you, BOOM! I'm as unpredictable as this basketball season. So I have a few teams that you may not think to keep in mind for a deep tourney run, Texas, Purdue, Washington, Kentucky, BYU, Tennessee, Marquette. I may not be breaking much ground with this list but if 4 of these teams made up the Final 4 I think you all would be surprised. Good Day

No comments:

Post a Comment