Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Jump in it


I'm excited! I mean really excited! Not like when you are a kid and its Christmas morning excited, but more like when you have your first sexual experience excited. Okay, maybe TMI on that one but you get the idea. I just thought another Charlie Sheen reference would be redundant. I didn't want to say "like when Sheen first discovered crack excited." I'm excited because its championship week for college basketball. Also because I got my tax return back and its the first "real money" tax situation of my life. Ive come to enjoy this week as much as the NCAA tournament its self. There is less on the line for most teams but you get a whole week filled with bitter rivalry's and bragging rights. I love seeing the story lines develop with team that are on the bubble making a run to save there season. its great theater. So enough waxing poetic lets dive into it!
The Big East is the most annoying conference all season, but it always delivers with the best tournament. 5 days of games with double byes is a little much but I say embrace the quadruple headers. 11 teams have a chance to raise there seeds with a good performance. I look for Kemba Walker to lead Uconn on a Gerry McNamara like run. Hes a big time player and will preform well in the Garden.

Notre Dame has a great opportunity to land a one seed if they can win this title. I would of never of guessed that after my Kentucky Wildcats whipped up on the Irish earlier this season. But its not all good news in NYC. Villanova and Gtown are struggling and could really hurt there seeding. They both are in the NCAA but like Sheen....things aren't moving in the right direction. See its redundant. Meanwhile over in the BigTen, Ohio St is a lock for a 1 seed and doesnt have much to play for. Look for an upset team here to win. Illinois, Minnesota, Mich State, Michigan are all desperate teams. I look for Michigan State to use it to there advantage and make a run to get off that bubble. We go south now to the SEC. Kentucky is the team that has the most to gain here. The Cats could sneak up to a 3 seed with a SEC title. Bama and UGA are hanging by a thread and need a run to get in the NCAA. I predict a Tennessee Kentucky final on Sunday. Conference tournaments are all about momentum. Teams that can get on a roll early can generate a run. My big upset this week will happen in the Big 12. Look for K-State lead by Pullen to win. They have under achieved all year. Fear the Beard! and Frank Martin in general. Pac 10 is a crap shoot, your guess is as good as mine. ACC stinks so who cares. BC and VTech need more to make the field. My advice is to just sit back and enjoy. Grab some beers, wings, dips, and whatever else you do and jump in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment