Tuesday, March 15, 2011

KB's world Famous Bracket Breakdown

OK maybe my NCAA bracket analysis isn't "world famous" yet, but I'm calling it that anyway so just deal with it. Theres many ways I could go about this but at the risk of tooting my own horn Ill go region by region. I'm a bit cocky since I called Kemba winning 5 games in 5 days (and ignoring the fact I just said "tooting" and "cocky"). Lets start with the East


EAST REGION
As many of the "experts' have already said on TV this is the toughest region. The committee did Ohio St no favors. This is the Rainbow Road of regions (That's right a MarioKart reference). I wont go pick for pick but here are the highlights. Clemson with a classic 12 over 5 upset beating WVU. I'm almost sorry to call this one. I would love some revenge on Huggie Bear for knocking my "UK Wildcats" out last year. But I think Huggins reverts back to his old Cincinnati ways of losing early in the tournament (sorry Nation if that was a cheap shot). The game to watch in the 1st round is Washington v. Georgia. I got the Huskies in this one but don't be surprised if this goes into overtime. And in overtime you got to love Isiah Thomas. Washington has made the Sweet 16 two years running, tough tournament team. COLD BLOODED!

Down to the real business at hand. At risk of being called a complete and udder homer I have the 4 seed Kentucky Wildcats making it through to Houston. If you have talked to me at all this year Ive been saying UK matches up great with the Buckeyes. There personnel is interchangeable and the Cats are possibly the hottest team coming into the field. Neither team is deep and both have freshman point guards. The big difference in my mind is Sullinger cant guard Terrance Jones. Jones has the ability to get a rebound and go coast to coast. Sullinger cant run with Jones. I am not a Lauderdale fan and think Jorts (Josh Harrleson) will eat him alive all game. I think UK has the defenders to shut down Diebler just enough to pull off the upset. Still not convinced? Another SEC team Tennessee, knocked out Ohio St last year and that was with Evan Turner. I personally don't think Ohio St is better this year than they were last year. I have UK beating Syracuse in the Regional final.

WEST REGION
Surprisingly Duke did not get a walk over to the final four this year. Weird I know. Now the #2 seed SDSU isn't much to worry about but my main man Kemba is, as seen here

I'm not scared that he and the rest of the Huskies will be out of gas after there epic run in the Big East. Kemba knocks out Duke in the regional final, with or with out Irving. The game to watch in the first round is Michigan v, Tennessee. Tennessee has the talent to beat Duke in the second round. But they are as big of a headcase as any team. Who knows if they will show up or not. Side note don't be shocked if Penn St slips into the Sweet 16. I'm not picking it either, but im putting you on notice. Also sorry Nation your Cincy Boocats get ousted by Mizzou in the first round.

SOUTHWEST REGION
Kansas is untrustworthy as the #1 seed but I do have them going to the final four. I'm not confident in them at all. Kansas get upset more than Paris Hilton gets laid. Kansas gets upset more than Bill Simmons tweets. Kansas gets upset more than JJ Redick gets crossed over.

Kansas gets upset more than well you get the idea. I like Louisville to give the Jayhawks a run in the round of 16. Purdue loses in the regional final. Hummel-less again, Purdue I feel ya. Not to sound like a hater but the chance of a giant upset here is Morehead St over Louisville. Now again I'm not picking it either. The lesser KY school has a beast on the inside and that's Louisville weakness. If Louisville isn't making there 3's watch out. Game of this region will be the Notre Dame Purdue in the sweet 16.

SOUTHEAST REGION

This is the Aqua-Man of regions. This is the weakest region of all. Pitt should walk to Jamie Dixon's first final four. But while Pitt is dancing on through look for everything else to go to hell. Florida is the most over seeded team in the tourney and will get bested by Izzo in round 2. Florida is a good team but soft. Utah St and Belmont both win a game to face off in the 2nd round. BYU makes it through to the 2nd weekend where Izzo again gets the best of someone. Regional Final is Pitt over Izzo. Personal rooting interest that I'm not picking is St John's. My main man Lavin has the Johnnies up and running. I would love to see them go one a run. ODU and Butler will be a slug-fest in the 8-9 game.

RECAP
Final 4- Kentucky,UConn,Kansas,Pitt
Runner up- Kansas
Champion- Kemba errr Uconn

1 comment: