Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Overkill? I Think Not! Week 8


Jake Locker
QB
Washington
Height- 6'3
Weight- 228

2008- Yrds-2800,CMP% 58.2,TD 21, INT 11, Sack 28,Rush Yrd 388, Rush TD 7
2009- Yrds-2265,CMP% 55.4,TD 17, INT 9, Sack 19,Rush Yrd 385, Rush TD 6

Jake Locker was to be the #1 Overall pick in last years NFL Draft. He learned the same lesson Matt Leinart did. Sometimes more is less. The longer you stick around the college game the more people pick your game apart. I however still think Jake Locker will be more than a successful NFL QB. Jake has the arm, size, and athleticism to be a Donovan McNabb like double threat QB. He just had minimal team success in college as far as winning games. This because he decided to stay at home in Washington. Locker has definitely slipped to a 2nd round pick. Seattle will pick him if he is there. But I'm hoping my Cincinnati Bengals take him in round 2 after taking A J Green in round 1. But pre usual the Bengals seem to do nothing I want in the draft. Under the right system I believe the drop in draft status helps Locker. He will go to a winning team and have time to learn. This of coarse is untrue if the Bengals take him. I think the well publicized down fall of Jake is well over blown and someone will get a steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment