Saturday, March 26, 2011

I'm so excited...I'm so excited...I'm far from being scared


Saved by the Bell people, c'mon. My guess...probably designed by Jared Sullinger now that he doesn't have to spend time preparing for the NBA draft after being bullied by Josh Harrelson last night. Imagine what Dwight Howard would do to him, or Demarcus Cousins for that matter. SWEET FREAKIN JESUS, last night was awesome. You've read all of the better prepared and more informative post game articles already so no point in trying here. However, I will say it is rare to see UK as a true underdog and pull out a game they aren't expected to win. It wasn't beating Duke to go to the Final Four, after being down 18 points in '98, but it doesn't get much closer. I am extremely proud to say this is 'my team'. I SOOO wish I could see the grungy truck driver from the gas station that I met yesterday. Wearing his Ohio State shirt, the obviously well-educated gentleman approached me in my UK track jacket (no surprise there) to tell me, "Yer boys gonna get dere sh*t messed up tanight". There was a smile on his face so I didn't take it to heart and then he told me he was actually nervous, not because we're just a team of freshman, but because 'it's Kentucky'. I declined to continue in the conversation. To the grungy truck driver, where ever you may be, I hope your CB radio didn't drown out the sound of 'yer boys' laying an egg. All of that being said, I didn't expect the Cayuts to win last night, thought they could, but just didn't see it. ESPN told me they couldn't so... And with that being said, I fully expect UK to seek revenge on the overrated and over seeded Tar Heels. UK may be a better match up for UNC than is UNC for UK, but I can't envision this team's metaphorical chip on their shoulder getting any smaller. Last time these two teams met in December, both teams played rather atrocious. While North Carolina has improved and gained confidence after their embarrassing finish to last season, so have the Cats. Aroldis Chapman, I mean Josh Harrelson, had 4 points and 7 rebounds in their last meeting. Tyler Zeller's game is more finesse than muscle, unlike Jared Sullinger's which allowed Jorts to be more physical than he probably can be against Zeller. Even still, I think the game plan stays the same, give their shooters no looks and trust Harrelson can keep Fuzzy Zeller in check. Cats win by 7, sending them on to a long overdue trip to the Final Four. Who would've thought that this year's team might go that far and last year's did not. Just imagine if they freed Enes...
Anyways, this was not supposed to be a post game/pregame post. Remember that Division II basketball program, Oregon, and their new gaudy court? Well thanks to reader Robby Alcorn sending me the link, here are a few more innovative designs that you may see coming to an arena near you http://donahuemediagroup.com/2011/02/new-court-designs/. And in honor of Mr. Alcorn and to quote Coach Pitino, "Take a look if you have 15 seconds to kill".
23 hours.....

No comments:

Post a Comment