Thursday, March 10, 2011

Overkill? I think not! Week 5


AJ Green
WR
Georgia
Height- 6'4
Weight- 212

2008-Rec 56, Yrd 963, TD 8
2009-Rec 53, Yrd 808, TD 6
2010-REC 57, Yrd 848, TD 9 (8 games)

Talk about a #1 wide receiver in the making. AJ Green has the size of T.O. with the Height of Calvin Johnson. I know wide receiver first round picks are about as popular as Hosni Mubarak but AJ isn't a normal player. If you want to see the impact AJ has on a football game just look at Georgia's season last year. Lost 3 of 4 games he didn't play in and went 5-1 with him. Mind you this is in the SEC, the best conference in America. AJ could have the impact Dez Bryant had with the Cowboys last year. I see "my" Cincinnati Bengals taking him with the #4 pick. I am already preparing myself for the local out lash. But when you consider T.O. and Ocho are most likely gone, WR is a need. Plus I love the idea that the future of the offense will be Shipley, Gresham and Green. That's a great young core that will attracted a QB to replace Carson Palmer. I'd rather pick Green than sign Plaxico. At the end of the day AJ is a low risk immediate impact player that will sell jerseys and tickets. He has WhoDey written all over him.

No comments:

Post a Comment