Saturday, February 12, 2011

Its okay to Scream.


OK everybody, and by everybody I mean BBN, and by BBN I mean Big Blue Nation, and by Big Blue Nation I mean Fans of Kentucky Men's Basketball, take a deep breath. I know seeing UK lose another road game to a quality opponent is as frustrating as seeing a bra-less beauty get killed in a horror movie. But I am here to quite the storm of concern and guide you to the promise land. By this time of the year you know what you have in a basketball team. UK cant win on the road. They just cant. So don't get so upset when it happens. A close lose on the road to a ranked opponent does not negatively affect the team. UK wont drop in the rankings, and this lose wont lower there seed in the looming NCAA tourney. It was however a big missed opportunity to improve. So this lose or other similar loses shouldn't concern you. Why? Because last time I checked there are no road games in the NCAA tourney and BBN travels better than anyone in the nation. So a "neutral" site game for Kentucky many times turns into a defacto home game. Also, with Neutral site wins over Washington and Notre Dame this team will be just fine. The thought that I am continually having is I'm really starting to get a sense on how special last years freshman were. Wall, Cousins and company aren't normal people. Jones, Knight and Lamb are. They are doing just fine for who they are. I am a bit concerned with the lack of improvement on the road but...like i stated before, it wont be that big of a factor. The good news is UK only has one more tough road game left, at Tennessee. UK will win there next 5 games. So let out a Scream, call a friend up, punch a pillow or have a drink. This isn't a Billy G lead team that will fall apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment