Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Overkill? I think not! Week 3


Randall Cobb
Wide Receiver/Return man/QB/Running back
Kentucky
Height 5'11
Weight 186

2009- 15 total TD, 447 yrd rec, 573 yrd rush,punt return

2010- 13 total TD, 1017 yrd rec, 424 yrd rush, punt return

Most of the college football world is not familiar with Randall Cobb. I think his stats speak for themselves. Especially when you consider he played in the SEC on one of the traditionally lesser programs. Putting up number like 15 TD a year playing Auburn, Florida, LSU every week is as impressive as the protest turnouts in Wisconsin. Also Its not like he was playing along side 10 other future pros. Now I'm not doing a week on Cobb because he went to my almamater. I'm doing it because he will be one of the immediate impact rookies next year.He is the most versatile player in the draft.Its more difficult for defenses to figure out what Cobb is going to do than it was for Carmelo Anthony to be traded. But because he played at Kentucky he will slip to the late 1st rnd. What this tells me is he will go to a playoff level team that just needs to fill a need. Just like Big Ben he will be put in an ideal situation with a winning franchise. I see him going 28th- Patriots, 29th- Bears or 30-Jets. Cobb has the skill set of Randell El or DeSean Jackson. I don't mean to over sell him but just look out for Randall Cobb.

No comments:

Post a Comment