Thursday, February 3, 2011


Jay Gruden is your new Offensive Coordinator of the Cincinnati Bengals. Honestly I have no idea if this is a good hire. I was more concerned with getting Bob Bratkowski out of town than who would replace him. Bratkowski was fired after 10 years of service.I think Bengal fans were getting ready to riot if a change was not made. I can only imagine the scene would of been similar to what is happening in Egypt. Jay has coached teams we know nothing about like the Orlando Predators and Virgina Destroyers. But he was there head coach and won 2 Arena Football League titles. Jay was also on Tampa Bay's staff when they won the Super Bowl.It seems he has paid his dues and is in line for a big coaching opportunity. I always would rather give a younger guy a shot than hire a retread. The most known fact about Jay is he has a brother named John. John is currently working one night a week. I am neither discouraged or encourage by this hire. Ultimately I wanted more change from the Bengals than just a new OC. I do however think Bratkowski was the biggest problem. So if you are just going to change one thing I'm glad it was this. The Bengals offense has been the most predictable in the league since 2005. Now I didn't say the worst. The Bengals were still putting up above average numbers for most of that time period. But in key situations I knew sitting on my couch what play was being called. So I'm pretty sure the defense did too. All that's left to say is, "Jay, lets see what ya got".

No comments:

Post a Comment